Everyone wants to lose weight and the first thing they do is join the fanciest gym or opt for the best online fitness classes. But once you indulge in any of these things, you want to make sure you do it right. What we’re trying to say is that if you really want to lose weight and transform your body, avoid common exercise mistakes, especially if you’re a beginner.
One of those weight loss exercises that we all get wrong with is burpees. Without a doubt, it is one of the best exercises to lose weight, but the mistakes we make when doing burpees are totally avoidable. These mistakes may seem harmful at first, but as we ignore them, they become a part of how we burpee, and then correcting them becomes even more tedious.
Come, let’s identify these silly mistakes and rectify them before they become a habit.
Common Mistakes You’re Making While Doing Burpees
- Skip the warm-up: We know that the burpee is a cardio routine that will burn your body. But what you are not thinking well is that burpees are not just another exercise. They are high-intensity exercises that need a bit of stretching and bending. Therefore, skipping the warm-up will not allow you to accelerate to full throttle.
- Not stretching legs back to T: If you’re doing burpees, you want to make sure you’re following the sequence correctly and stretching each body part to its fullest. Only then can you get the maximum benefits from it. If you’re not stretching your legs to their fullest, it won’t work those muscles and all the effort will be wasted.
- Do not throw on the ground: This is a must if you are doing a full burpee. Most people tend to cheat their full burpee and do it halfway instead. Basically, when you do a full burpee, you have to drop your body to the ground (meaning you lie flat on the ground). Only if you do this can you get the desired weight loss.
- Dropping the hip too low: This is one of the most common mistakes people make when doing a burpee. When they squat, they lower their butt too low, which makes posture difficult and can also lead to lower back pain. So avoid doing this.
- Let your body lose: This is not just a burpee mistake but most of you could have been making this mistake in many of your exercises and then blame your body for not showing any results! If you get injured while exercising, then the main reason is that you are letting your body loose. When it comes to burpees, you want to see that your arms are properly locked out as you land, your core is engaged, your spine is straight, your neck is aligned, and your legs are flexed properly. Another thing to keep in mind is your landing. Most of you tend to land on your heels instead of your toes and this usually leads to injury as it affects the ankle. So keep a check on this.
- Keep up the speed: Remember that you don’t have to go too slow or too fast. In both cases, you will not get the desired result. When you go too slow, then due to low intensity you need to lose weight. When you go too fast, you don’t maintain your body posture and therefore the exercise doesn’t impact the areas it should and you can even injure yourself. How to know if your speed is correct or not? Well, for that just see that all your postures are going well at what speed. If the speed and stances match, voila, you’ve found your stride.
Also, check out:
We hope that now when you hit the ground to do burpees, you will definitely keep these pressing points in your head. And if you do, then you are absolutely safe and soon you will see a drastic change not only in your body but also in your step.
So, all the best ladies!